About
Contact
Donate
Register

I think I cracked the code on Pokemon
Click to go to bottom
JokerMod

As I was contemplating infinity, I think I finally cracked the code on Pokemon. What if Pokemon don't actually level up. What if the level is actually the Bond that Prof Oak insists you have with your team. All pokemon have the same base states that they start with, but the more familiar the Pokemon is with you, the more proficient you are at dealing better attacks on the enemy, and how to doge. The closer you are with your Pokemon, the better the bond (level) and more effective you are at fighting. Granted, Evolving does increase their overall effectiveness, but the bond is still there due to the experience you've had with your creature. Thus, when a pokemon is stolen, they are next to worthless to the higher level bonds of actual trainers, and when you trade your pokemon, their bond still remains high with the new trainer, as they acknowledge the new trainer as a worthy companion from their old one, and in order to impress their old master, they try extra hard (thus "Boosted Exp") so that one day, they may show their old friend and companion that they were not a waste of time for anyone.
this doesn't factor in nintendo striking down your post. 0/10 bad post OP
But what about the wild pokemon you find later in the game? They don't have any sort of trainer but are still far stronger than the ones you find at the beginning even before you catch them, and once you do it'd be a bit weird if they were suddenly as trusting of you as the ones you've journeyed with the whole time
Let's not forget about the doping. There are rare drugs you feed your Pokemon that permanently raise their stats. I just remember you can buy those drugs in the drug department in the games too.
>bond increases strength Does Pokemon is Persona?
JokerMod
Thread Creator

But what about the wild pokemon you find later in the game? They don't have any sort of trainer but are still far stronger than the ones you find at the beginning even before you catch them, and once you do it'd be a bit weird if they were suddenly as trusting of you as the ones you've journeyed with the whole time That's an illusion of power, trying to remind you that your pokemon is not a higher level, but your "Stats" are the same, so it's a mental battle of your bond with your pokemon, whom is learning how to fight new pokemon it's not use to seeing, as each area's pokemon have a different way to battle. Thus, it feels like a challenge until your bond is strong enough from practice to make short work on everything. Let's not forget about the doping. There are rare drugs you feed your Pokemon that permanently raise their stats. I just remember you can buy those drugs in the drug department in the games too. Drugs are for quitters =P The drugs do not actually increase your base stats, but levels up the potential your pokemon has (IE: EV's) that they would gain by fighting random battles normally. It just speeds up the process.
JokerMod
Thread Creator

>bond increases strength Does Pokemon is Persona? According to X/Y lore, some people have married their Gardevoir and other pokemon. Pokesona.
nah, level is just rapid aging over millions of years that's why they evolve to suit the hellish landscape they were born into
>bond increases strength Does Pokemon is Persona? According to X/Y lore, some people have married their Gardevoir and other pokemon. Pokesona. I believe Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum Japanese version also mentioned this. It was taken out everywhere else.
You have to be to logged in to post
Register
Username Password Email
(optional, used only to recover your password, can be added later)
Forgot password?