About
Contact
Donate
Register

Are Humans Violent by Nature?
Click to go to bottom
Hello everybody! PK here! I've just got a short question for you all. It's right up there in the title so let's just get to it! Are Humans violent by nature? Feel free to use sources, or have a short or long answer! Anything is helpful! I'd also like you to vote if all possible! I'll be using responses here in a report for school, of course your username will be kept anonymous! https://strawpoll.com/37hybfw2
Well yes. People are violent by nature since it's in the people's DNA and it's much like our feelings if we feel too much angry that can happen. How do I know this well I CAN DO ANYTHING So that's how I know (The last part was just for my character)
(edited by Jevil)
you know when you're doing something, then you stub your toe on something and just punt a puppy across the yard? That's proof that we're all naturally violent.
you know when you're doing something, then you stub your toe on something and just punt a puppy across the yard? That's proof that we're all naturally violent. That requires the external factor of stubbing your toe. If you had not stubbed your toe, it would not cause you to punt your puppy. You would only act violent if a prior event had caused you to react that way, similarly to how a bear will attack you in defense of its cub. Bears are not naturally violent, but will be when they feel they are in danger. Therefore, the violence is not natural because it was caused by an outside force.
in most cases, humans only become violent if: 1. the situation calls for it (kill or be killed) 2. we are not thinking straight (adrenaline, emotions, alcohol and drugs, etc) there may be other more specific instances but these are the main 2 and this is for most mentally sound people
>being mentally sound 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
tl;dr, society is the reason we're not fucking maniacs
We live in a society
Take a look at that society.
Society more like uhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Catn

I said no at first but TBH now i'm convinced for the opposite opinion Already voted tho so rip
Yeah, I'd say humans are violent by nature. Humans were just regular animals back then, and I suppose they still are, and they needed to defend themselves by impulse. Society has set rules to create order so less people are violent. We have lost some of our violent impulses, but yes, we do still act violent my nature or the most part.
ofc it'll be anonymous, who wants to tell their teacher that a queef said smth also yeah we are bc dude look at me, I don't think twice about slapping friends when they do smth embarrassing. Such is the nature of a true tsundere
is it bad that I was still being kinda serious
Kris

Yeah, we are violent in nature, but that is when we are babies, toddlers and etc. We can end up not being violent at all if we grow up. Or, sometimes people are just violent for the heck of it.
You have to be to logged in to post
Register
Username Password Email
(optional, used only to recover your password, can be added later)
Forgot password?