About
Contact
Donate
Register
Log in

The Misty Forest
Click to go to bottom
In a remote location, far away from the hustle and bustle of Shibuya, a large misty forest has appeared, people have reported seeing people venture into these forests and never appear again. Some say that a rare treasure lays inside the heart of the expanse. The only way to find out is to venture in yourself. At the entrance of these woods lay a giant stone gate opened in the middle with a small fire just outside. A small bit of hope to those that go in.
A man stands outside the forest, he's clearly wanded far away from the beaten path. He'd gaze into the forest curiously. Dark sort of place isn't it, but nothing he can't cope with. He'd chant a few words, weaving a simple spell to compensate for lack of light, allow him to view infrared and ultraviolet, even sensing vibrations in the air becomes simpler as he advances into the darkness of the forest. "Geez, wonder if this so-called rare treasure I hear about is actually worth looking into... Oh well, only one way to figure it out!" He'd advance cautiously, only sparing the fire a moment's notice as he presses on. Light might be helpful to most, but thanks to his magic Prometheus isn't having anymore issue seeing here than he would in broad daylight.
The_Curator
Thread Creator
#3

Due to Prometheus's ability to see in the dark he easily traverses into the forest, after a few stone steps he is brought into the thick of things, vines, roots, leaves and shrubs block his path, but are easily walked over with enhanced vision. After a few moments of running around Prometheus enter a small clearing, a stone structure lies to his left as more woods surrounded him. However, before he could make a choice, he would hear a noise, a soft one, but it was there. The air gets a cool feeling as Prometheus could sense something here with a malicious intent. It's not close enough to be seen just yet. But there is someone else in here. Hunting him.
Naturally if there’s such a dangerous place around, it would be a service to go check it out right? And if there happens to be treasure there it’s a neat little bonus. At least that’s what Sayaka tells herself as she approaches in her uniform schoolbag in hand. The girl briefly looks inside the bag to make sure the snacks she brought are still there, before venturing in herself
Something hunting him huh... Burn a little Mana, put up some Forces around himself to dull any physical impacts sent his way. And hmm hum, don't act scared that's a sign of weakness. Instead, he'd reach into his jeans and pull out a phone. "Alright then, nuke the area and just shield myself from the fire. Or do I pull something a bit more controlled, hmm..." Could be innocent people out here, so a total area nuke seems Unwise at best to him right now. Instead, the Mage would call upon Prime in this case. With a shout of language that only he'd understand, shrieking winds of glowing energy rush through the area, flowing out all around him and assuming his foe is about the size of a human likely making movement rather hard. On the other hand, the magic wouldn't do all that much damage. More serving to hamper and bash about than any attempt at a killing blow. "Come on pal, I'm sure you have something better to do than stalk me right!"
A raven haired beauty would wander around, brought here by the rumors. With any hope this forest may hold some secret or clue as to how to return to her world. Maybe it had a portal of sorts or maybe some kind of creature. Whatever it is would serve her purpose of either returning home or becoming yet another meal. Hers eyes peering into the darkness as if it was day, she would continue to forge a path forward into the shadows.
The_Curator
Thread Creator
#7

A magical girl enters the Grove! This time however she isn't guided by a form of light, the trees prevent light from entering under the leaves and a deep fog shrouds the area, glowing objects in the distance phase in and out. After a few short moments she finds herself near a small ridge with a stone bridge across a waterfall. After just a few seconds near the rushing water however, she too feels murderous intent fill the air. Something is coming for her. In the thick fog and darkness it's almost impossible to tell where they come from as well. As for Prometheus, while he ponders what to do, a glowing blue figure begins to slowly approach, their foot steps make no noise as they wear a sort of cloak with a helmet that looks like a sun. In their hands lie what appear to be flames and a small talisman. An odd appearance in Japan, but this wasn't an ordinary forest by any means. Like the others, the woman in red is able to progress, but not without trouble, soon she ends up near some puddles near some anthropomorphic mushrooms surrounding a chest sunken into water, however there it is again. The intent to pillage and kill. Untouchable and unseen, but very much real.
Sayaka looks around, keeping a good grip on her magic silver ring as she looks for the source of the feeling, though she wouldn’t find much of anything. She briefly considers retracing her steps, but looking back isn’t quite sure where those were Nah, it’ll be fine. I’ve just gotta keep moving, I’ll find something soon enough the girl tells herself as she slowly begins tiptoeing across the bridge, careful not to slip on the wet stonework
Velvet would feel the killing intent, not anything a Lord of Calamity hasn't felt before. Her very existence brings nothing but destruction in her wake. Would this be no different. She would pay close attention to her surroundings as she looked at the chest, a box that was obviously a trap of some kind. Picking up a nearby rock she would put a little strength into throwing it at the box to see if any traps are triggered. If nothing happens then she would open the box to see what was inside.
Right then, next move is... Fuck it time for some electrical energy, he'd reach into a coat around his shoulders and pull out an air horn. As he pulls down on the trigger with a grin he'd type out a few more quick commands and whirl towards his foe, the sound that rushes at them suddenly shifting to electricity that hovers around the field. Assuming they stood in place, it would likely slam into them as Prometheus grins and speaks in a bemused tone. "Huh, everyone here seems blase about magic ya know. So I wonder, what's your story for being used to it... I just assume those items in your hands are roughly what Awakened like myself would call, Yantras. Spellcasting tools, but I could be wrong couldn't I."
The_Curator
Thread Creator
#11

Sayaka is able to cross the bridge without difficulty, on the other side is another small dent in the land in front of her, then, just a few ways ahead of her, a giant spear of lightning flies through the air with a zing, aimed directy for her chest as a red glowing person wearing rock plating wielding a large blade made of giant bones in one hand and a small talismans in the other emerges. Watching Sayaka with their guard up. Velvet throws the rock at the chest and...! Nothing happens, it simply hits it and falls off, making a little dent in the wood but nothing more. What does happen though is that the mushrooms surrounding the chest get alerted and begin to walk with their stubby legs towards them. They are quite slow and easy to avoid however. As Prometheus blasts his noise, electricity falls on the caster and he takes a massive amount of damage! Thinking he could get the jump on them instead! Luckily though the white aura seems to deflect some of the damage of the electricity but it still stings badly, seeing the battle begin now the opponent rushes behind a tree before raising a staff into the air as dark energy forms from the tip of it before rushing towards Prometheus, following his moves to chase him down. Not answering his calls for some reason.
Velvet simply takes a few steps away from the walking mushrooms and gains a little distance from them. No reason to waste time with them so she did what any sensible daemon would do in her situation. She put her hand out and balls of flame shot out towards the mushrooms, hopefully burning them to cinders. "Walking mushrooms. And here I was starting to think this world didn't have any." she remarked as she looked at the mushrooms burn.
"Aw, I see you aren't a talker then... That's fine too though, I can put you down just fine from here as long as that magic is giving off a signature anyways." A bit like sniper shots, and given their nature, he'd rather quickly shift his mage armor around, rather than adjusting impacts it'd begin to form itself from pure mana. Magical power covering his body, but even with that the blasts of darkness still take their toll on his body a bit. "Grr, pretty painful but let's see how you like this. Lightining courses through the world, and dances to the awakened will!" With that shout of 'nonsense', the electricity would begin growing more powerful. Not only that, but it would rush straight towards his foe as the man waves his around in their general direction, another part of it simply stands in place between the target and its user, waiting to lash out if they draw near.
Yoi know, this really Isn’t so bad. There are some nice trees, a cool waterfall, Zeus’s burning rage. Wait, that lightning bolt’s definitely not a good thing. Sayaka drops backwards, the girl can feel the energy as the lightning bolt grazes by, scorching her uniform. Woah, watch it! That could have killed me!! That was probably the point wasn’t it? The girl thinks as she finishes slipping off her ring, in a moment she’s covered in the blue light of her transformation only to roll out of it, Magical Girl outfit on and staring down her foe as she tries to think of something cool to say You must be the one hunting people around here huh? Looks like my innocent schoolgirl act did the trick, hope you’re ready to face justice evildoer
The_Curator
Thread Creator
#15

Velvet fires off some fire and works very well against her enemies! Burning them to the crisp, however, as she burns the flora, the hunter reveals itself behind her, reaching out with a glowing hand to try and grapple her! In response to the lightning coming in, the person would try a dodge before getting zapped a few times, a heavy toll with how many times the zaps have happened, to prevent more zaps the enemy presses a talisman near his chest before explunging a blast of spiritual energy around him to attempt to blast the lightning away, if it was successful the staff comes out again as a giant dark orb approaches this time, black as the abyss. If not, more zaps would happen. The opponent of Sayaka watches as she transforms, slightly taken back as to who they were facing. Feeling slightly ashamed they take a second to bow down their head as they await Sayaka to strike. Sword at the ready as a bit of rot drips from the blade.
Never once letting her guard down, she slightly tilted her body as she spun around on her foot, giving the hunter a round house kick to his side and following with two more kicks to his chest and head if possible. Whether or not that connects she would then take only a meter of distance from them so she can see who her hunter is and so she can take them down immediately if possible. "And just who the hell are you?"
And they’ not saying anything... Can they speak? This whole banter thing doesn’t go very well when... Sayaka kinda just pauses there awkwardly for a moment before shaking her head Al...Right, here goes. In a flash Sayaka dashes at her red opponent, aiming a quick, spinning kick at their sword before throwing one of her own weapons at them from beneath her cape
Right then, his magic is pushed back rather quickly in fact... On the other hand, the focus his foe uses gives the mage enough time to get moving. He'd keep a clear view of them while rolling away from the black orb rushing towards him. After a quick duck behind a tree to get out of range, he'd glare at the enemy with more taps to his phone. "Burning flames of the world, lash out and raze my enemy to ashes!" In contrast to the spells he's used up to now, this one brings forth a sense of creeping dread in its maker. The sense of a paradox forming, even as horrible mystically charged flames simply light up upon his enemy. No warning, no time to move. The flames simply burn upon them. Prometheus stares them down, rubbing his left arm a bit and feeling bruises not only from his enemy. But from willing the magic's wild rush to harm himself vs the world. Perhaps turning back would be for the best given his current lack of allies... If his foe is even finished, of course, something he watches very closely to confirm.
The_Curator
Thread Creator
#19

As the Hunter is kicked back a little, they aren't that easily taken down though, Velvet would hear bones crack though as her invader appears. A glowing red person wearing armour made from skulls as her left hand lies the glowing red that tried to grab her, in the right lies a greatsword with a frayed handle. The Hunter stares down Velvet with empty eyes, looking straight into her soul before charging forward and attempting a stab directly to the chest with the blade! Not speaking a word. With a moment of honor completed, the kick flies out! However the armour is much tougher then expected, boulders seem to be very good at deflecting attacks, barely flicking, however due to the heavy armour the sword sticks itself in, unable to move gracefully, however the weapon seems properly stuck, then the rock man begins its assault by swinging the rotten blade down vertically while running forward, seeing as Sayaka's only option is to dodge is to go back down the bridge! As for Prometheus, the foe cannot deal with the barrage coming at them, even with their magic resistance it is enough to overwhelm them as they fall to the floor, yelling out in pain as what is left is a dark red pool and a small green ring. What could this be? Loot?
Loot huh, or maybe some kind of cursed item that turns anyone who picks it up into a mindless zombie. Well if RPGs taught him anything, it's that mindless monsters drop cool magical shit. He'd look at the pool curiously, and of course, grab the ring before starting to walk off. "Well, this night has gone alright! Didn't lose anything I can't get back with a good night's rest, and whatever screwy magic that weirdo was using I feel like I can glean a bit of insight from it, good times!" Sure, he has no idea where he is what he's doing and no clue if anyone he knows is even in this world. But, it does seem to be full of Mystery and in the end, that's all a mage can ask for, everything else is... Secondary objectives. So he walks off, a ring in his pockets, some weird energy absorbed, and a cheerful smile on his face.
Velvet wouldn't be fazed by her assailants appearance. She would lightly dodge the attack by swiftly moving to its side and deliver a quick flurry of kicks to its legs and waist. Afterwards she would follow up with a quick backwards cartwheel using the blade in her boot as she sliced it and then finished with a quick thrust of her gauntlet clad hand into it's chest with the hidden blade shooting out like a jack as it hopefully pierced the armor with a blade wreathed in flame. A full combo. Of course if the blade fails to pierce she would use the recoil to take distance once again.
Sayaka immediately moves to the stone man’s left, letting them breeze by her. Her physical attacks don’t seem as effective as she would have liked, but we can’t give up now!! Sayaka turns back to face her target, the stone guy now between her and the bridge from earlier, maybe that’s an idea. Sayaka runs at the stone armor, before leaping upwards in an attempt to get over them and closer to the bridge
The_Curator
Thread Creator
#23

So long Prometheus! Loot has been obtained! Souls have been reaped! Meanwhile Velvet's invader gets eviscerated by the numerous attacks, even with a barrier casted by the red hand the attacks are able to pierce through and deal quite a bit of damage! The jab with the blade in the back pushing them to the floor as they get up pained, red dust all around from the armour cracking and breaking. In a desperate attempt they throw the greatsword at Velvet before running at them at full speed, initially going for a punch but feinting into a leg sweep, if successful the hunter then would grab ahold of Velvet by the neck! Otherwise it may end poorly for the phantom Meanwhile on the bridge, the sword swipe whiffs horribly, the person heaves the sword slowly back onto their shoulder as they watch the next move, seeing Sayaka approach they bring their talisman up as energy surrounds it, pressing it down into the ground and letting Saya get behind him. However, once she steps down the entire bridge erupts in massive red blades sticking out from the ground and trying to stab Saya before retracting back into the floor.
Velvet would no longer waste her time with this creature. The bandages would expand before finally a bursting open. A large demonic red and black claw appeared with an ominous black smoke coming from it. Her glowing gold eyes would eye the creature as it threw the great sword at her and as if it was a fly she simply swatted it away with the claw. As the creature tried to charge at her she wouldn't even pay any mind to it's attack as she simply grabbed it with the claw and slammed it into the ground. No sooner did she begin to feed and as long as there weren't any interruptions she would be done draining the creature of not only its corruption but it's life as well within the span of a few seconds, paying no heed to any of it final death throes.
now that they’re back on the bridge, it’s time to put the plan into... Her thought is interrupted by the sudden swords plunging upwards. Sayaka doesn’t have the time to dodge, but is able to avoid impalement at least, merely getting tossed into the air to land with a *thump*. Gah, should have been more careful... Silently berating herself, Sayaka swiftly gets back to her feet, throwing four swords at a high velocity into the stonework around her for, hoping to break the old bridge and send her opponent tumbling into the water, where their armor would probably cause them to sink
The_Curator
Thread Creator
#26

The phantom dies pretty brutally, however, unfortunately for Velvet, the thing she kills is not truly alive, only a projection of the true one hiding away somewhere. She is able to absorb the souls of those the hunter hunted however, the phantom also drops 5 cracked red orbs with eyes in the center of them. The same murderous intent radiates off of them. But in a different sense. As if crushing them in your hand would let you recreate what you just faced. A red clone of yourself to invade another place free of harm. Use them wisely, or unwisely. Not to mention the chest in the pond. Luckily for Saya, her plan does work! Even if she did get knocked up from the blades, the bridge crumbles beneath the weight of rocks and damage sustained from the swords and the previous energy attack, the rock man plummets to his doom as he wails his arm in attempt to grab something, however all he grabs is a watery grave as the sound of souls drifting away and into Sayaka is heard, what also materializes in her hand is a black eye of death, by crushing this she can summon other spirits to her to duel with. Or perhaps curse another being with them, having them duel with another entity. That is not all though. She also obtains a rough hide like ring, as strong aura emanates from it. If she would wear it she would be granted monstrous strength to hold nearly anything, but it only affected how much she could carry. Not her skill or vitality.
Velvet would stare intently at the 5 cracked orbs, as if knowing exactly what their purpose was upon touching them, she decides to hold on to them for now. Considering the only ally she currently had was a woman who could manipulate insects, this could be a great weapon if used correctly. She would walk back over to the chest, kicking it which comically causes it to open as if she had done this a thousands times before. She would peer into the chest hoping to have encountered some sort of clue to returning home.
The Ring looks a little odd, but it’s not too ugly at least, so she’s glad to wear it as a little token of this accomplishment. As for the eye thing... Sayaka shakes her head, it doesn’t seem like a good idea to try using it for now. With combat over and the bridge destroyed, Sayaka changes back to her uniform, a job well done, and tries to find her way back out of the forest There we go, should be a lot safer from here-on out.
The_Curator
Thread Creator
#29

Unfortunately for Velvet, what lies inside is a weird blue nest like object with a flame in the middle, an ember used for enchanting weapons, useless on it's own and in the field unfortunately. As for Saya she finds the mist has lifted, while still dark, it is much easier to find the gate and exit and Forest. A job well done!
"What in the" she would begin to say before taking a deep sigh. "Another dead end huh." She would pick up the nest, gazing into the fire for a few moments before placing it too into her inventory. "Well, I guess it wasn't a complete waste of time." she would say before turning from that place and wandering further into the forest. If there is noting else of interest after searching then she would simply return to town.
The_Curator
Thread Creator
#31

To town it is, as she exits the stone gates close, who knows when it will open again.
You have to be to logged in to post
Register
Username Password Email
(optional, used only to recover your password, can be added later)
×
Log in
Forgot password?
×