Welcome to Nomic, the game of rules. It is a very simple game. The goal is to reach 100 points by throwing a die. As this is an online forum version, I will trust that you strictly follow the value your die or whatever rng you make use of shows.
The game flows as follows:
Each player, on his turn has two actions they can perform in the following order:
1) They throw a die. The number shown on the die is the number of points the player gets. The player has to declare the points he gained and his current total points.
2) The player makes a proposition for a rule change, a new rule or the deletion of an existing rule. All the players then discuss together whether or not this change should be kept or not.
This is a democratic game, so you can only validate said rule if a majority of the players agree to it. At the end of the discussion, proceed to a vote and post an updated version of the rules that reflect the changes that were just made.
There are two types of rules. Core rules and sub rules. Sub rules can be changed, added or deleted at will (if there is a democratic consensus and debate). In order to do the same to core rules, you first need to transmute that core rule into a sub rule. Only then can you modify it. The process of transmutation must also be democratic and can go both ways: a core can become a sub and a sub can become a core.
Any change in the rules takes effect at the end of the player's turn.
Then, the next player in line can play.
These are the current rules:
1) Core - The player limit is 7. It is first come first serve so anyone beyond the 7th player in this thread will be disqualified immediately. NB: I don't count as a player, I'll only mediate and give a hand if needed.
2) Sub - The playing order is dictated by the order in which players joined the thread.
3) Core - Each player has to follow the Rules.
4) Sub - Each player may only roll the die once.
5) Sub - Players may only use 6-sided dice.
6) Core - The first player to reach 100 points is declared the winner.
7) Core - The value on top of the die is the number of points the player gets.
8) Core - The winner gets to make the next Nomic thread and choose the base rule set. Any other Nomic thread is a lie and a sham and must be burned with napalm.
9) Core - Core rules can be transmutated into sub rules
10) Core - Sub rules can be modified.
11) Core - Sub rules can be created.
12) Core - Sub rules can be deleted.
13) Core - Sub rules can be transmutated into core rules.
14) Sub- Each player has to indicate their current total points during their turn. (not during the democratic discussion)
15) Core - Cheating is not allowed.
16) Core - Rule changes take effect at the end of the turn of the player who proposed the change.
17) Core - Players may only modify the rules on their turn.
18) Core - All modifications of the rules must be validated via a democratic debate and vote.
I propose we transmute rule number 3 into a sub rule