About
Contact
Donate
Register

MK Infinity Tournament Round 1: Homura versus Momo
Click to go to bottom
Xix

Itachi cracks his knuckles and nervously clears his throat, checking through documents to get ready for the last match of round 1. He calls the combatants who have yet to fight or have finished their match upon the bridge of the heli-carrier "Homura… I'm sorry. We should've made the risks apparent from the beginning. But, what happened back there only reaffirmed my beliefs; We can't go unrecognized any longer. What we really do is study technology, power and the human psyche in the hopes that we may be able to prevent such unnecessary destruction. -In order to proceed with these objectives, I came up with an idea for where to hold the next match. A world mirroring our own selves… that let lays beyond our reach. If a fight was conducted in somewhere like that, we'd be able to collect immense data to research. We've been keeping tabs from a distance, and I thought you might have the power to traverse such a world. If you're willing, that is." He holds his right hand out to Homura
Homura stares blankly at the TV for quite a while. It doesn't exactly sound like a great idea to go in there from where she stands. And her eyes seem to water a bit before she blinks and just puts up a mask of indifference. "I don't recommend it. Last person I brought in there... It didn't go great at all... To put it very very lightly. I don't want that to happen again, and what's stopping my opponent's own Shadow from forming?" She isn't an expert in that place, but when those without a Persona enter that place... "I'm not risking someone's life needlessly like that. So unless you can be totally sure it won't happen, which I don't think you can. Then I'm not going into the Shadow World for this."
Xix
Thread Creator

"Shadow, you say?" He strokes his chin curiously "Like, the shadows that follow us around in daylight? I'm guessing that's not what you're talking about." He closes his eyes musedly, nodding slightly as he mumbles to himself. "The person would have to physically be there in order for there to pose any real threat, right? Theoritically, what if we created replicant versions of yourselves. You can control them yourselves, yeah, but it poses no threat to your physical body. What do you think? Would that prevent such shadows from manifesting?"
She places a hand on her chin for a moment, pondering heavily. Given what she knows about Shadows... Well, it may or may not form, but at the least in theory the risk shouldn't be there if it can't actually kill the person it's made from. "Sorry, forget not everyone knows this stuff. Think of them as repressed emotions made manifest via the Shadow World's power. All Shadows are really, that's what we call the things native to that world. As for your idea, I can't say for sure if it'll form or not, but I am fairly sure that'll negate the actual threat so... Alright then, I'll help." She cracks her knuckles for a moment and glances forward, ready and able to enter that world of madness once again. Albeit not physically apparently if she's understanding Itachi's words correctly.
Xix
Thread Creator

"Ah, very well." Itachi leaves the room for a brief moment, returning with two metallic vests with Velcro at the ends, allowing one to fasten it around their chest. Two light-blue neon circles shined on both the right and left sides of the front. He throws them at the two participants feet for them to pick up. When worn, one would feel a brief moment of unconsciousness, awakening in a completely different but exactly the same body one second later. They appeared just as they did before they wore the vest, and their original selves stand lifeless "Nyehehehe, let me be the first to introduce you to the Ouro Corp Patented Mito-Guard aka Second Life! With this, meaningless bloodshed will be a thing of the past! Lemme tell you, one day wars will be fought and won using these, and everyone will be none the worse for wear. Ah, but, uh, I should note first that you should make sure your original body is safe after using these. If accepting your own mortality is more your style, you can always take the vest off your body and return to normal." He scratches the side of his scalp for a moment. With that out of the way, he starts writing in a notepad he was carrying and waits for the participants to begin their match. Once they entered, they would see that the arena itself looked like the picture Yu had posted in the Tournament Discord Channel.
You have to be to logged in to post
Register
Username Password Email
(optional, used only to recover your password, can be added later)
Forgot password?