About
Contact
Donate
Register

The Dream Shop
Click to go to bottom
Welcome to a land beyond your imagination, where all your dreams are certain to come true! At least, that's what the posters around town said, and what kind of poster would ever lie? The building it led to was unassuming enough, it looked a lot like a simple apartment building on the outside, but inside the door is a long, white, waiting room lined with chairs. In the middle of the waiting room is a reception desk with only a single, bored-looking teenager manning it. The girl has short, white hair and is wearing comfortable looking clothes, rather than fancier, business-focused ones. There's no one else here at the moment, so once you walk in you'd find her sitting at the desk reading manga as she waits.
A young girl standing about 4 foot 9 wanders up to the building, wearing a dark blue shirt with with a stylized long sword on the front, she's also got on a pair of sneakers and a black skirt at the moment. "All your dreams come true huh... Sounds strange to me, but why not check this place out. I'm a bit curious after all, and I don't see how it can hurt me any." She'd walk in through the door with a smile on her face, waving to the girl at the counter before bowing politely for a moment and then standing to walk over. "Ah, hello there? So I saw your posters, but what exactly does this shop do anyway? Marketing is one thing, but it was a bit unclear honestly. And I'm Madoka Kaname by the way, nice to meet you!"
Suzuki_Kuroi
Thread Creator

The girl looks up from her manga, as bored an expression as ever. She blinks before looking up and down the girl, as though confirming what she saw at first, before letting out a sigh "The marketing's a lie. We don't actually make dreams come true, rather we let you experience them as if they were. Ever heard of lucid dreaming?" The girl looks back at her manga, now glancing at the cover it seems to be an old Magical Girl one, well worn as if read dozens of times. "Its exactly like that. Easier to do if you describe what you want for your dream, but if you'd rather keep it on the down low we could use the practice."
Lucid dreaming... That sounds like a strange thing to her, how exactly does one even sell such a thing. She can't really say what she'd want though, she isn't even entirely sure herself really. "Oh, that's... Kinda cool actually!" She smiles brightly at the other girl and leans in just a bit, looking at the cover closer and chuckling upon noting it's something about magical girls. "Anyway, yeah I'm not even entirely sure what kinda dream I'd want myself. Feels like I just woke up from a nightmare sorta, but that's neither here nor there." She pauses and backs away, putting a hand to her chin for a moment. "What's the cost though, nobody runs a shop for nothing after all. That'd be strange to do even by this weird city's standards."
Suzuki_Kuroi
Thread Creator

the girl gives Madoka a glance out the corner of her eyes before she finally closes the book and sits up at the reception desk, playing with the ends of her hair "We do nightmares too, if you're into that. In fact its actually easier and can help you see what's been troubling you." The girl closes her eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath before she continues "As for the price, you can see it first then pay what you think the experience is worth. I make a modest living selling art, this store thing is more of a pastime for me. So anything I get is more of a bonus."
Curious, a girl walks up being Madoka, looking around and waiting behind the other Pinkette as if in a waiting line. "Making dreams come true? Is there a magic that can do that? If so..." She clutches the staff in her hands nervously.
(edited by Yu-M1N4)
Madoka would laugh for a moment upon hearing about nightmares. The idea isn't awful, but considering what she just did not too long ago. It holds little appeal really. "Hah, no I've had enough of what's troubling me for a little while honestly. You could say that it was something I went out of my way to confront recently actually. I think I'd be more curious about a happier dream!" She giggles a bit after the girl's bit on prices ends, stepping aside and glancing to the other customer for a moment with a cheery wave. "Oh, hi there! Madoka Kaname, nice meeting you I'm sure. And um, miss shopkeep. I guess you could say I want something cheerful, but I'm not entirely sure what. Horrible lack of detail I know, but that's what I have for now."
Suzuki_Kuroi
Thread Creator

"I'll see what we can do then. You might want to sit down, or at least close your eyes. There are some quick-moving images that can cause motion sickness if you're unprepared." The shopowner gestures to the waiting chairs she has along the wall, they're pretty basic, with armrests they can grip if they end up getting nervous during the transition, or however else it might go. After giving the pair a minute to prepare themselves, the girl would snap her fingers, and both Yumina and Madoka would find the walls shifting around them before becoming a blur of color, it takes a moment, as though trying to adjust itself according to some unknown algorithm, before all three of them finally find themselves at the front of an amusement park, its a relatively slow day, with its wide variety of rides, ranging from a couple of roller coasters, to a ferris wheel, that silly spinning teacup thing to more traditional game booths with various oversized prizes, all having little to no wait on any of them. The girl would smirk, apparently satisified with her own work before she lets the other two know "You can open your eyes now."
Madoka shrugs and takes a moment to close her eyes, light almost casually bends around the girl in various shapes as she does so. Not for any reason, beyond the simple fact she's able to now. As she opens her eyees up though, the young woman would clap a bit and raise a hand into the air. "Wooooow, that's cool! Hah, if I had known it'd be like this though. There's someone I'd have brought along honestly... Oh well, can always take her later." She'd wave happily to the shopkeeper before starting to walk off towards one of the roller coasters with a grin on her face, and waving for Yumina to join her. "Not sure if this kinda stuff is to your liking all that much, but hey whatever. I'm game for it, and it's always nice getting a chance to meet someone! Since we're both here, might as well hang out some right?" There's an infectious cheer behind her words as the girl looks up at the machine, absently bobbing her head and waiting for Yumina's reply to her words.
Oh. Hello.. I'm Yumina. Yumina introduces herself, and closes her eyes until she's told. What she sees surprises her. This is... One of those places students go, right? To kiss and hold hands and lewd things like that? She follows Madoka, if only to not get lost
(edited by Yu-M1N4)
Suzuki_Kuroi
Thread Creator

"Name's Suzuki. Have fun kids, after all, the dream's just getting started." Suzuki remains by the entrance, casually leaning against the side of the gate as she watches the pair go off. After they get a fair distance ahead the girl would take out a small notepad and pencil, and begin sketching while they enjoy themselves. The rollercoaster would only take a few minutes to get on, in spite of being one of the more popular rides. The machine is massive, with its starting bump rising hundreds of feet in the air and the coaster making turns that should be impossible. Up by the machine would be an attendant, who would ask for a ticket. Of course, they'd already find a day pass in their pocket, which is enough to go on any of the rides as often as they want, so they'd be able to get on without much effort.
"Suzuki huh, yeah I think that we will. Thank you!" Madoka would laugh a bit upon hearing Yumina's words, not that it's entirely wrong. She just didn't expect to hear anything so blunt. "Hah, that isn't all they're for but yeah that's part of it... I'm not here for that though, not right now! Not sure I'd use the word 'lewd' for it either. But that's one way to put things." The girl steps forward and given there's not much in the way of line right now, would quickly take a seat within the roller coster and casually invite Yumina to join her. The whole "I'm kinda curious why that'd be your first thought though, have you never been to an amusement park before Yumina? If not, I guess it's cool that I get to show you around. And are you not a student, you don't really seem the right age to be out of school, but Homura's not in school either and I know she's not much older than me so I guess it happens." There's a pause as she takes a breath and waits, giving Yumina a chance to respond. She blushes a bit upon noting how much she'd said, and just looks up the track curiously for the moment.
Yumina follows Madoka on the train, and sits next to her. I've never been to school, or this kinda place. I've just heard of them, so I dunno much. I'm kinda nervous... .... Who's Homura? A friend of yours?
Suzuki_Kuroi
Thread Creator

As mentioned before, the track curves up a couple of hundred feet before beginning its first plunge, the air rocket around the amusement park, taking in most of its perimeter as the machine makes dozens of impossible twists and turns, all for the sake of making it more exciting. When the pair get off, they'd notice four girls, one with long, red hair tied back wearing a jacket and jeans, and three more wearing a uniform like those at Madoka's old school, one with yellow hair done up in twintails, another with short blue hair accented by a fortissimo hair pin, and finally Homura as Madoka would remember them. The four are chatting along happily like friends as Yumina and Madoka get off the ride
Her head tilts absently upon hearing that, never been to school? That's... A strange thing to say the least. "Never? I wouldn't expect that honestly. I won't judge though, I'm sure you have your reasons right? And don't be nervous, I'm not gonna bite or anything!" She shrugs a bit with a laugh, right till that question comes up and her face turns into a slight blush while she begins fiddling with her ponytail a bit. "Oh, she's uh, my girlfriend. You ah, aren't gonna ask me to explain, are you? Honestly, when I go to places like this, it'd normally be with her but we weren't together at the moment so here I am." Or worse, be a jerk about it. But eh, she's got no reason to expect that. The ride takes off in a moment, rushing along the track at high speeds as Madoka begins to hold her hands up in the air and shout... As they get off, she'd stare absently at the group in front of her, a solid shield of slight shimmering into being on the young woman's left arm for a moment before she dismisses it with a sigh. She'd mutter under her breath to Yumina. "That's... Just a dream I can only assume, but I'm gonna talk to them anyways. Feel free to come if you want." She walks forward with a somewhat awkward look on her face, she's fairly sure they're not real given Homura looks a few inches shorter than normal and doesn't seem to carry herself like a trained fighter. Even so, the girl waves to them a bit and makes an attempt to speak with these people she'd mostly thought long dead. "Hey everyone, I wasn't expecting to see you all here today! Funny timing that isn't it, but it's cool anyways!" She's hoping they know her anyway, they should if they're part of the dream. Of course, it's also possible that this is some group from yet another dimension or whatever... Either way, she grins brightly at them and speaks in a happy tone.
(edited by Madoka-Kaname)
Suzuki_Kuroi
Thread Creator

of by the entrance, Suzuki clicks her tongue with a "Tsk", looking down at her fingernails, as though disappointed with their progress "Everyone's so cautious here..." As for Madoka, it would take little more than the sound of her voice to attract the attention of her old friend group, they'd each smile at her, with Kyoko taking a bite of some cotton candy as the group waves back Mami: "There you are Madoka, we've been looking for you all over." Sayaka: "Its a special day y'know." Kyoko: "And here it looks like you've decided to celebrate without us." as Madoka might have guessed the Homura is a bit more nervous than the one she knew, but they're still perhaps a bit too defensive of her Homura: "Its not like she meant to, b... besides, with tickets half off we were probably gonna come here anyways." which prompts the rest of the group to laugh, used to this sort of situation as they are.
Madoka chuckles a bit and rubs the back of her head, blushing slightly at her friend's words. She hasn't got any clue what this day might be though, and that's something she'd rather not ask about. She does so anyway though with a slight frown. "Celebrating? I um, must have missed something then. Sorry if I'm forgetful, had a lot on my mind lately." A step forward, closer to Homura despite herself, the black-haired young woman would find herself pulled into a hug as her companion giggles. "Yeesh Homura, I lo- like you, but you don't need to be so quick to jump up like that! Just relax a little and calm down okay? I'm not gonna get hurt by our friends saying something~" She then turns back to the others, still leaning on Homura's neck casually as she speaks a bit more. "Anyway, sorry about forgetting and all. Uh... Remind me what we're celebrating today? I can't recall."
Suzuki_Kuroi
Thread Creator

Homura would blush but doesn't really say anything as she's drawn into a hug, the other three girls just giggle, used to this too before Madoka asks the obvious question Sayaka:"Seriously? You're tellin' me you forgot? It was like the coolest thing ever." Mami: "Now now Sayaka, don't get too excited. This is our first anniversary after all." Kyoko: "Way to beat around the bush you two. Its a year after we beat Walpurgisnacht, you know, pretty much the scariest Witch ever, isn't that right four-eyes?" Kyoko takes another bite of her cotton candy as Homura simply nods back to her, too nervous to actually say anything as she tries to return Madoka's hug from earlier.
Madoka goes quiet for a moment, still gladly accepting the dream Homura's hug and wrapping her arms around the other girl. Who she'd note, is now actually a bit smaller than her for once. "Beat... Haha, of course, how could I forget about something like that. Well, like I said Sayaka, I've had a lot on my mind recently is all." Beat Walpurgisnacht huh, they must be from a dream. That's good though, means she doesn't have to worry about it coming back to haunt her later on. She'd kiss Homura on the cheek for a moment and shrug before walking away from the other girl, searching around for somewhere to get snacks as she speaks. "Funny though, it feels like longer ago than that to me if I'm honest. But that's neither here nor there, how've you all been lately!" She smiles brightly at the group. And if able, would get a bucket of popcorn and a large drink with a straw that splits into two ends.
Suzuki_Kuroi
Thread Creator

As Madoka is thinking about Walpurgisnacht, a faint sound like the clanking of gears can be heard. Of course, none of the other four girls hear it, they'd simply start going into what they'd been doing recently Sayaka: "Well, y'know, when I'm not hanging out with you and Hitomi I... " Sayaka seems a little nervous, fidgeting and blushing for a bit until Kyoko slaps her on the back and spits it out Kyoko: "Sayaka got a boyfriend. Some runty musician, not really my type but." Mami: "Oh, so you finally confessed? I'm so...." Having inserted itself once, the clanking sound gets louder until a vague silhouette can be seen in the sky... Which is when the entire dream is cut off in an instant, leaving Madoka perhaps dazed in the long, white room again with Suzuki sitting at the desk Suzuki:"Sorry about that, we seem to have hit onto one of your nightmares. My assistant can't help herself but to latch onto those. Still, I hope it was what you're looking for."
Madoka sighs a bit, that's not shocking at all. Walpurgisnacht is... Well, there's a reason her shadow was above that twisted hometown in the TV. "It was fun Suzuki, and maybe one day I'll come back to face that nightmare even... Err, they can't hurt us physically, can they? I'm not quite willing to risk my life on such a thing. But, if it's safe than I might come back sometime, with someone else too. It's as much hers as mine, maybe even more." The girl would pause for a moment and pull out about twenty bucks which she sets upon the counter. "I did really enjoy it though... And I can't say I'm shocked she'd latch onto that thing if she likes nightmares, of all the things I've seen, that's the worst I think. See you next time!" She doesn't feel like speaking more on the Witch of Stage Constructing, and soon enough Madoka's out the door with a smile on her face as she begins heading home.
Suzuki_Kuroi
Thread Creator

"Tell me, did that Rollercoaster, that miss Akemi feel real to you? I can always pull back but even that takes a little time. Nightmares are to be feared for a reason." Suzuki would accept the money, putting it in her own wallet before waving back at Madoka, though she doesn't seem as excited as the other girl, she speaks to herself once Madoka's out the door "Good luck out there then. We're gonna need it."
You have to be to logged in to post
Register
Username Password Email
(optional, used only to recover your password, can be added later)
Forgot password?