About
Contact
Donate
Register

Gin Reviews: What Remains of Edith Finch? (No Spoilers)
Click to go to bottom
Gin

When it comes to something like Edith Finch, I can't really put it into words. But, obviously, I wouldn't be writing this if I wasn't willing to at least try. Edith Finch is a very interesting game. It's an interactive story game, which by definition means short and has just enough game play to define it's self as a game and not a TV show. It follows the story of Edith Finch, who returns to her family home to learn the stories of her family and that's all the story your getting from me. If I went any further, I'd be going into spoiler territory since I don't think I can write anything about the game without delving into spoilers due to games short length and you see the "No Spoilers" tag in the title. The premise of the game is very interesting and the story itself is engaging. It has a lot of little details in the design of the world around it that you may not notice until you finish the game or a certain story. For example, look at the swing in the backyard. If you've played the game, you may know what I'm talking about. As I mentioned before, I'm not sure how to put into words my feelings on Edith Finch as a whole. It's very good. I did like it. But I don't quite know how to describe the feelings you can feel while playing the game. It's weird, honestly. Just play the game. I think you'll understand how I feel. I give What Remain of Edith Finch a "Scoring doesn't mean shit just play the damn game" out of 10. It's free on PS4 if you have the online service and takes around an hour or so to finish, so if you have it, you have no excuse not to. And if you can describe it better below, please do. But please use spoiler tags. I didn't know anything about the game except "It's good" before playing it, so I can't tell if knowing spoilers about the game ruins anything or not, but I would err on the side of caution. Thank you for your understanding.
You have to be to logged in to post
Register
Username Password Email
(optional, used only to recover your password, can be added later)
Forgot password?